Pet Food & Supplies
Through our Companion Pet Assistance program, C.A.R.E.4Paws provides critical services to community members in need to ensure they don’t have to relinquish their beloved companions to a shelter. We distribute emergency pet food for families in need through several Pet Resource Centers countywide as well as during special events and (in limited supply) through our mobile clinic. Find all of our access points below.
Community Pet Resource Centers
At our many resource centers, pet owners in need can pick up food and supplies and sign up for critical mobile clinic services. Resource Centers are located at the Santa Barbara County Animal Services (SBCAS) shelters in Lompoc, Santa Maria and Santa Barbara are operated in partnership with SBCAS, CAPA – Non-Profit Organization and four other agencies: Animal Shelter Assistance Program (ASAP), Bunnies Urgently Needing Shelter (BUNS), K-9 PALS and Santa Barbara County Animal Care Foundation.
- Santa Barbara County Animal Services shelter, 1501 W. Central Avenue (Tuesdays, 2:30pm-4:30pm or call 805-737-7755)
- Bridge House, a Good Samaritan Shelter, 2025 Sweeney Road (call first, 805-735-4390)
- Santa Barbara County Animal Services shelter, 5473 Overpass Road (Monday-Saturday, 9am-4:45pm, closed from 11am-noon, 805-681-5285)
- Good Samaritan Shelter, 401 W. Morrison Avenue, #C (Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 3:00pm-5:00pm)
- Santa Barbara County Animal Services’ Santa Maria Animal Center, 548 W. Foster Road (Monday-Saturday, 9am-4:45pm, closed from 11am-noon, 805-934-6119)
Solvang & Santa Ynez Valley
- Santa Ynez People Helping People, 545 N. Alisal Road (Monday-Thursday from 8am-5:30pm)
C.A.R.E.4Paws’ Mobile Veterinary Clinic
We carry a limited supply of pet food for emergency situations during Mobile Pet Wellness Clinics.
Mobile Pet Meals
Based on the need, we can deliver pet food to homes of senior and disabled community members as well as senior centers and homeless shelters. Contact 805-968-2273 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Want to Help?
Drop off pet food
We love to receive donations of dry and canned pet food (unopened bags of pet food only, please) at any of the below locations. We can only accept new pet supplies, such as beds, blankets and pet jackets.
- ASAP (Animal Shelter Assistance Program), 5473 Overpass Road, Santa Barbara
- Advanced Veterinary Specialists (AVS), 414 East Carrillo Street, Santa Barbara
- Animal Medical Clinic, 1037 Casitas Pass Road, Carpinteria
- Dioji K-9 Resort & Athletic Club, 7340 Hollister Avenue, Goleta, and 22 E. Yanonali Street, Santa Barbara
- Healthy Pet, 3018 State Street, Santa Barbara
- La Cumbre Feed, 3652 Calle Real, Santa Barbara
- Monighetti’s Farrier, Feed & Pet, 37 Industrial Way #107, Buellton
- Montecito Pet Shop, 2020 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara
- Plaza Deli, La Cumbre Plaza, Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara County Animal Services’ shelters in Santa Barbara (5473 Overpass Road), in Lompoc (1501 W. Central Avenue) and Santa Maria (548 W. Foster Road)
- Santa Ynez Valley Humane Society in Partnership with Dog Adoption Welfare Group (DAWG), 111 Commerce Drive, Buellton
Other Ways to Help
Give A Monetary Gift
Shop and have the food delivered to us!
Organize a pet food drive
Get your coworkers, friends or school/classmates together for a food-raising challenge. Set a goal for your group and let us know when you have reached it so we can feature and thank you and your pets on social media. Contact email@example.com for more information.
A heartfelt thanks to Dioji K-9 Resort & Athletic Club, Plaza Deli, Montecito Pet Shop, ResQcats, Coldwell Banker Realty, La Cumbre Feed, Santa Ynez Valley Humane Society/DAWG, ASAP, Santa Barbara County Animal Services, CAPA, Advanced Veterinary Specialists, Animal Medical Clinic, Healthy Pet, Lompoc’s Home Depot, Roots Dispensary, Hardy Diagnostics, Orangetheory, CJ Affiliate, TV Santa Barbara, Deckers, George Pet Shop, and Ventura’s PetSmart, among many other generous contributors.